Hi,

Just upgraded to Tomcat 5.5. In order to see what's happening at the context
level I need to see the internal logging of Tomcat. My logs are not working.

[CATALINA_HOME]/logs/stdout.log:

(org.apache.catalina.startup.TldConfig).

[CATALINA_HOME]/logs/stderr.log:

(org.apache.catalina.startup.Embedded).

Can anyone point me to a direction? I have no clue what is wrong, and all
the posts I have found all suggest to place the log4j.properties in the
common/classes dir. I have done this and it is not working.

[CATALINA_HOME]/common/classes/log4j.properties:

log4j.rootLogger=ERROR, R
log4j.appender.R.File=C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat
5.5\logs\tomcat.log
log4j.appender.R.MaxFileSize=10MB
log4j.appender.R.MaxBackupIndex=10
log4j.appender.R.layout.ConversionPattern=%p %t %c - %m%n
log4j.logger.org.apache.catalina=DEBUG, R

I hope someone has a clue. Best regrads,
Joost