Hello,

We were facing a "pool error timeout waiting for idle object" issue.
To replicate that in lower environments and perform tests, we tried to make
changes to the contex.xml file located under the conf directory of tomcat.
The path is /apps/apache-tomcat-7.0.67/conf/context.xml

The properties we were modifying are given below .

> <Resource name="jdbc/E2EMFPostGres" auth="Container"
> type="javax.sql.DataSource" maxActive="50" maxIdle="30"
> maxWait="10000" username="saevdcep" password="xxxxxx"
> driverClassName="org.postgresql.Driver"
> url="jdbc:postgresql://itsusralsp06829:5432/spectra"/>
>
> <Resource name="jdbc/EVDSEARCH" auth="Container"
> type="javax.sql.DataSource" maxActive="50" maxIdle="30"
> maxWait="10000" username="saevdcep" password="xxxxxxx"
> driverClassName="org.postgresql.Driver"
> url="jdbc:postgresql://itsusralsp06829:5432/evidencesearch"/>

However, on restarting the tomcat server after making changes to values in
these, the application is throwing a 404: Resource not Found error. The tomcat
server is up and running but on hitting the application URL, we are getting the
404 error.

We even tried restoring the context.xml file to its original values but that
did not seem to  make a difference.

Can you  please let us know what steps we need to follow in order to be able to
make modifications to the file and perform our tests?

Best Regards,
Aakash