Hi Team,

We are observing the high CPU utilization often in our sandbox and
production environment. We are using Tomcat 8.5.16 with APR native 1.2.10.

It looks, the Poller thread is going in infinite loop while adding sockets
which are waiting to the poller.  java/org/apache/tomcat/util/
net/AprEndpoint.java
<https://github.com/apache/tomcat/commit/890e2eb275b3654a38151b95caf16a605870b49f#diff-9be40df1998776b10f47c3351f31a9b5>
-
Line#1605, within the loop, if socket wrapper is found null, code simply
continues without fetching the next SocketInfo from list (which is done in
end of while loop). This seems to throw the server in infinite loop.

Shouldn't we be pulling the next info from list? Can someone please take a
look and suggest if my understanding is correct?

Does anyone else have faced similar issue? Any pointers will be appreciated.

*Thanks,*

*Prakash Saraf*