My company asked to enable OCSP stapling for our Tomcat server. I found the
documentation about configuring a Tomcat OCSP Connector here:
https://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-8.5-doc/ssl-howto.html#Configuring_OCSP_Connector

However, if I’m not mistaken those are instructions for how to set up an OCSP
responder. But I think in my case, the OCSP responder is the CA that issued the
certificate. What I need is to instruct Tomcat so that it makes the call to the
OCSP responder that is specified in the CA signed certificate and ‘staples’ the
resulting ticket to the certificate before presenting it to the client.

Does anyone know of a place with instructions how to do something like this? Or
possibly I’m not quite understanding the process of OCSP stapling, in which
case any pointers on what it means and how it works with Tomcat would be much
appreciated.

Mark Boon
Staff Engineer
mb...@vmware.com
3401 Hillview Avenue, Palo Alto, CA 94304
650.123.4567 Office
808.234.4892 Mobile
[e]<http://www.vmware.com/>