Hi,

I am using tomcat 8.5.31 on a 64 bit Linux box running JDK 1.8.0_162.

I have several TLD's pointing to the same tomcat instance.  In
conf/server.xml I have the following _additional_ Host tag:

      <Host name="mydomain.com" appBase="myappbase" unpackWARs="false"
autoDeploy="false">
            <Context path="" docBase="myapp"/>
      </Host>

Under tomcat I have my app in the directory:  myappbase/myapp

I am able to access myapp via http://mydomain.com

This is as I desire.  The problem is that tomcat is deploying myapp twice!
Now I can access my app via:

 http://mydomain.com
      _and_
 http://mydomain.com/myapp

and, it's not just two ways of getting at the same app.  There is two
copies of the app running.

I know I can rename my app ROOT.  That works.  (I can access the app with
my other TLD and no suffix).  I don't want to do that because I have a
number of sites running a number of instances all of the same app.  Calling
them all ROOT is confusing.

Any help would sure be appreciated.

Blake McBride