Thanks, Igal. No, I agree the static files are NOT passed to Tomcat. I wasn't
saying that they were. :-) I was implying rather that they do NOT go to Tomcat,
and are NOT processed by the Tomcat connector/ISAPI Filter (because they are
not in the uriworkermap.properties list of processed URLs).

This was to confirm that they WERE therefore being handled CORRECTLY by IIS, in
that a user trying to run the request who did NOT have access to the files (per
Windows on the server) would find the request rejected (per the Windows
Authentication feature in IIS).

The problem is that jsps and servlets, which ARE passed to Tomcat by the
connector (are in the uriworkermap.properties mappings) are NOT being properly
rejected by IIS (or the connector, whichever should have control).

Now, I should add that I had in mind at one time a test to change the order of
the modules in IIS, to put the ISAPIFilterModule below the
WindowsAuthentication and FileAuthorization module, to see if that would
"help'. But really, that should not be needed (even if it would help). Users of
Tomcat (who want to implement web server file security like this) shouldn't
(I'd think) have to know of such a low-level tweak. I would think that the
connector (the Tomcat isapifilter.dll) could/should implement such a security
for the user. I suppose someone may quibble with that.

I had also meant to test things out in pure asp.net, to see if an aspx page got
honored this way (was protected by Windows Auth and file security, like a
static file). I forgot to do these before writing. (Someone wanting me to get
this to the Tomcat folks for attention pressed me about it, and I forgot these
were 2 things I wanted to check before writing in.)

But perhaps someone familiar with all this may have a thought based simply on
what has been shared so far.

/charlie