Hi Guys

I have a configured Tomcat server 8.5 and java installed 1.8.0_171.
Java_home and Catalina_home configured and working.  The above is running
on Ubuntu 16.04 in virtualbox.  I and trying to setup Openolat 12.50
Learning management system.  Here is the installation notes.
https://www.openolat.com/fileadmin/adminwiki/_START_.html

When I configure the setenv.sh I run the ./start on the commandline and get
the setclasspath error see below.

*sudo ./start*
*: not found/bin/catalina.sh: 7: /opt/tomcat/bin/setenv.sh: *
*/bin/setclasspath.shcat*
*This file is needed to run this program*

I have pointed the paths correctly in the setenv.sh file see below

*CATALINA_HOME=/opt/tomcat*
*CATALINA_BASE=/opt/tomcat*
*JRE_HOME=/usr/lib/jvm/java-8-oracle*
*CATALINA_PID=/opt/tomcat/run/openolat.pid*
*CATALINA_TMPDIR=/tmp/openolat*
*mkdir -p $CATALINA_TMPDIR*

*CATALINA_OPTS="                                 *
*-Xss256k -Xmx1024m -Xms512m -XX:MaxMetaspaceSize=512m  \*
*-Duser.name=openolat                                   \*
*-Duser.timezone=Europe/Zurich                          \*
*-Dspring.profiles.active=myprofile                     \*
*-Djava.awt.headless=true                               \*
*-Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true                        \*
*-Djava.endorsed.dirs=./common/endorsed                 \*
*-XX:+HeapDumpOnOutOfMemoryError                        \*
*-XX:HeapDumpPath=.                                     \*
*"*
my bash file is as follows small snapshot:

#*Setup home for java and openolat*
*export CATALINA_BASE=/opt/tomcat*
*export CATALINA_HOME=/opt/tomcat*
*export JAVA_HOME=/usr/lib/jvm/java-8-oracle*

 I have searched google and some users have used unset Catalina_home
however this has not worked for me.  I only get setclasspath error when
this file is active in tomcat/bin and it stops tomcat from working.

If I rename the setenv file my tomcat server works fine when I run
sudo *systemctl
start tomcat *

*Using CATALINA_BASE:   /opt/tomcat*
*Using CATALINA_HOME:   /opt/tomcat*
*Using CATALINA_TMPDIR: /opt/tomcat/temp*
*Using JRE_HOME:        /usr/lib/jvm/java-8-oracle/jre*
*Using CLASSPATH:
 /opt/tomcat/bin/bootstrap.jar:/opt/tomcat/bin/tomcat-juli.jar*
*Tomcat started.*

Has anyone come across this?

Thanks
Kevin