On Thu, Jul 12, 2018 at 7:58 AM, Désilets, Alain
<alain.desil...@nrc-cnrc.gc.ca> wrote:
> I have been trying to get my local Tomcat installation to allow me to deploy
> apps from the local machine and nothing I do seems to help.

FYI, I'm on MacOS (Sierra 10.12.6). I just now

1) installed apache-tomcat-8.5.32
2) added these two lines to tomcat-users.xml

  <role rolename="manager-gui"/>
  <user username="hassan" password="sekretz" roles="manager-gui"/>

3) started tomcat (`bin/catalina.sh run`)
4) open browser to http://localhost:8080/manager/html
5) supplied above credentials
6) uploaded a war file which deployed correctly

I'm not sure why you created a context file, but it seems extraneous...

FWIW,
--
Hassan Schroeder ------------------------ hassan.schroe...@gmail.com
twitter: @hassan