> [...]
> > “It is implied but it could be clearer.”
>
> [...]
>
> I agree that default ErrorReportValve is not something that has to be
> backward compatible as the apps should have provided their own. Yet,
> we were using the default as it was working very well and was covering
> our needs.
>
> Honestly I don’t see the purpose of this change. Here is the changed code:
>
> 7.0.88 > sb.append(smClient.getString("errorReportValve.statusHeader",
> String.valueOf(statusCode), message)).append("</h1>");
>
> 7.0.90 > sb.append(smClient.getString("errorReportValve.statusHeader",
> String.valueOf(statusCode), reason)).append("</h1>");
>
> What is the reason to show ‘reason’ which is technical (like Internal
> Server Error), instead of ‘message’ which is end-user text?

The reasoning behind this is that message was duplicated and users shall
know that status code XXX means. Most people don't know.

> Can you rethink this change and if possible bring the old behavior?

If you are really about proper messages, you should employ a custom
error message change in the look and feel of your application.

The current valve shows you consicely status -- reason phrease, message,
status description and the stacktrace if given.

Michael