I have an apache 2.4 on Debian Jessie and I host several sites as virtual hosts.
On of these sites is running on jsp so I hav installed tomcat 8 and I
use mod_jk.

My virtual host configuration file for apache is:

    <Directory /var/www/dimitros-apartments.gr>
                    AllowOverride None
                    Require all denied
            </Directory>

    <VirtualHost *:80>
            ServerName dimitros-apartments.gr
            ServerAlias www.dimitros-apartments.gr
            #<Location "/">
            #    JkUriSet worker ajp13:localhost:8009
            #</Location>
            JkMount /dimitros-apartments.gr/* ajp13_worker
            JkMount /dimitros-apartments.gr ajp13_worker

            DocumentRoot /var/www/dimitros-apartments.gr/web
    #        DocumentRoot /var/lib/tomcat8/webapps/dimitros-apartments.gr
    #       ApJServMount /servlet /ROOT
    #       <Directory
"/var/lib/tomcat8/webapps/dimitros-apartments.gr/WEB-INF">
    #               Options None
    #               Deny from all
    #       </Directory>
            ServerAdmin ad...@dimitros-apartments.gr
            ErrorLog /var/log/ispconfig/httpd/dimitros-apartments.gr/error.log
            Alias /error/ "/var/www/dimitros-apartments.gr/web/error/"
            ErrorDocument 400 /error/400.html
            ErrorDocument 401 /error/401.html
            ErrorDocument 403 /error/403.html
            ErrorDocument 404 /error/404.html
            ErrorDocument 405 /error/405.html
            ErrorDocument 500 /error/500.html
            ErrorDocument 502 /error/502.html
            ErrorDocument 503 /error/503.html

            <IfModule mod_ssl.c>
                    </IfModule>

                    <Directory /var/www/dimitros-apartments.gr/web>
                                    # Clear PHP settings of this website
                                    <FilesMatch ".+\.ph(p[345]?|t|tml)$">
                                                    SetHandler None
                                    </FilesMatch>
                                    Options +FollowSymLinks +Indexes
                                    AllowOverride None
                                    Require all granted
                   </Directory>
                   <Directory /var/www/clients/client1/web12/web>
                                    # Clear PHP settings of this website
                                    <FilesMatch ".+\.ph(p[345]?|t|tml)$">
                                                    SetHandler None
                                    </FilesMatch>
     Options +FollowSymLinks +Indexes
                                    AllowOverride None
                                    Require all granted
                    </Directory>

                    # suexec enabled
                    <IfModule mod_suexec.c>
                            SuexecUserGroup web12 client1
                    </IfModule>
                    # php as fast-cgi enabled
            # For config options see:
http://httpd.apache.org/mod_fcgid/mod/mod_fcgid.html
                    <IfModule mod_fcgid.c>
                                    FcgidIdleTimeout 300
                                    FcgidProcessLifeTime 3600
                                    # FcgidMaxProcesses 1000
                                    FcgidMaxRequestsPerProcess 5000
                                    FcgidMinProcessesPerClass 0
                                    FcgidMaxProcessesPerClass 10
                                    FcgidConnectTimeout 3
                                    FcgidIOTimeout 600
                                    FcgidBusyTimeout 3600
                                    FcgidMaxRequestLen 1073741824
                    </IfModule>
                    #<Directory /var/www/dimitros-apartments.gr/web>
                    #               <FilesMatch "\.php[345]?$">
                    #                       SetHandler fcgid-script
                    #               </FilesMatch>
                    #               FCGIWrapper
/var/www/php-fcgi-scripts/web12/.php-fcgi-starter .php
                    #               FCGIWrapper
/var/www/php-fcgi-scripts/web12/.php-fcgi-starter .php3
                    #               FCGIWrapper
/var/www/php-fcgi-scripts/web12/.php-fcgi-starter .php4
                    #               FCGIWrapper
/var/www/php-fcgi-scripts/web12/.php-fcgi-starter .php5
                    #               Options +ExecCGI
                    #               AllowOverride All
                    #
Require all granted
                    #                               </Directory>
                    #<Directory /var/www/clients/client1/web12/web>
                    #               <FilesMatch "\.php[345]?$">
                    #                       SetHandler fcgid-script
                    #               </FilesMatch>
                    #               FCGIWrapper
/var/www/php-fcgi-scripts/web12/.php-fcgi-starter .php
                    #               FCGIWrapper
/var/www/php-fcgi-scripts/web12/.php-fcgi-starter .php3
                    #               FCGIWrapper
/var/www/php-fcgi-scripts/web12/.php-fcgi-starter .php4
                    #               FCGIWrapper
/var/www/php-fcgi-scripts/web12/.php-fcgi-starter .php5
                    #               Options +ExecCGI
                    #               AllowOverride All
                    #               Require all granted
                    #       </Directory>
                    # add support for apache mpm_itk
                    <IfModule mpm_itk_module>
                            AssignUserId web12 client1
                    </IfModule>

                    <IfModule mod_dav_fs.c>
                    # Do not execute PHP files in webdav directory
                            <Directory /var/www/clients/client1/web12/webdav>
                                    <ifModule mod_security2.c>
                                            SecRuleRemoveById 960015
                                            SecRuleRemoveById 960032
                                    </ifModule>
                                    <FilesMatch "\.ph(p3?|tml)$">
                                            SetHandler None
                                    </FilesMatch>
                            </Directory>
                            DavLockDB /var/www/clients/client1/web12/tmp/DavLock
                            # DO NOT REMOVE THE COMMENTS!
                            # IF YOU REMOVE THEM, WEBDAV WILL NOT WORK ANYMORE!
          # WEBDAV BEGIN
                            # WEBDAV END
                    </IfModule>

    </VirtualHost>

On tomcat's server.xml I have a host record as:

    <Host name="www.dimitros-apartments.gr" appBase="/var/lib/tomcat8/webapps" >
        <Alias>dimitros-apartments.gr</Alias>
        <Context path=""
docBase="/var/lib/tomcat8/webapps/dimitros-apartments.gr" />
   </Host>

Site is running here http://www.dimitros-apartments.gr

I get a permission denied error where I access
http://www.dimitros-apartments.gr.

I use ispconfig and for each domain I must have it's directory where
apache's domains directories resides, regardless if this domain is
served from apache or in my case from tomcat. So for this domain I
have a corresponding directory on both apache and tomcat. I also have
an index.jsp on both tomcat domain root directory and apache's domain
root directory.

When I access http://www.dimitros-apartments.gr/index.jsp I get an
uncompiled jsp page ( I see the source code ) on my browser.
A strange think is that this uncompiled page, is not from tomcat's
directory but from apache's domain directory.

any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Christoforos