On Thu, Sep 27, 2018 at 3:56 AM Louis Zipes <louis.zi...@gmcr.com> wrote:

> Problem just re-occurred and so I was able to at least get a JSTACK  (I
> assume it was Tomcat since it was the Java using the most memory on the
> machine).  Here is the reoccurring message.  I get more hits on but haven't
> dug through all of the Google hits yet (due to multi-tasking) so apologies
> up front if there is a simple answer to this.
>
> "Event_Manager_1413" daemon prio=6 tid=0x0000000024856000 nid=0x40c4
> waiting on condition [0x0000000042dae000]
>    java.lang.Thread.State: TIMED_WAITING (parking)
> at sun.misc.Unsafe.park(Native Method)
> - parking to wait for  <0x00000005ab45f7b8> (a
> java.util.concurrent.locks.AbstractQueuedSynchronizer$ConditionObject)
> at java.util.concurrent.locks.LockSupport.parkNanos(Unknown Source)
> at
> java.util.concurrent.locks.AbstractQueuedSynchronizer$ConditionObject.awaitNanos(Unknown
> Source)
> at java.util.concurrent.LinkedBlockingQueue.poll(Unknown Source)
> at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.getTask(Unknown Source)
> at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)
> at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
> at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Do you lock from memory or database?  Make sure locking sequence is
consistent all across the application.  Meaning if you have

Lock A
Lock B
Lock C

You dont want another logic that locks something in another order.  E.g.

Lock B
Lock A
Lock C

Because that will cause deadlocks.

>    Locked ownable synchronizers:
> - None
>
> > Any comments/suggestions are appreciated!
>
> Your most likely problem is database connection pool mismanagement:
> connections aren't properly released and the pool empties. All threads
> are left waiting on available database connections which will never be
> replenished.
>
> I'm using the ojdbc6.jar if that is what you are referring to or is there
> a better setting somewhere.

What db connection pool are you using? Are you letting tomcat manage it via
Context.xml and get connection via JNDI?  Or are you managing inside the
application?