> From: Durand, Dustin [mailto:dustin_dur...@intuit.com]
> Subject: Cookie Header Not Being Parsed

> I've been attempting to track down an issue where the cookies aren't being

> parsed out of the cookie header in rare cases. We're using a java service
> that utilizes JSession, so this causes the users session to be lost every
> time one of these failures occurs.

> Version: Tomcat 8.5.31 and 8.5.34 (Attempted to upgrade)

Thanks for supplying the version info; many people forget.

> During the load tests we see the rare request come into the service where
the
> filter dumps the cookie header which includes the expected cookies, but
when
> the filter attempts to pull the cookies from the HttpServletRequest
they're
> missing. To make it more interesting, the value cookie header usually
matches
> the previous request(s) cookie header value for that user, which was
parsed
> successfully.

The last sentence is the key point, indicating the probable source of the
problem: your application is likely hanging on to some reference to the
prior request and inadvertently using it when a new request shows up.  This
often takes the form of instance variables in a servlet being used to hold
request information.  Since the servlet object is shared across all requests
using it, information leakage can occur between concurrent requests; this is
also true for filters used in the request handling.  Leakage can also occur
with other singletons used by the webapp, or in any persistent data
maintained by the app (e.g., in a session object).

  - Chuck

attachments from all computers.