Hello Tomcat user group,

I hope that this question is valid cos I googled and many related issue like
this pointed to server problem.

Tomcat version : 8.5.24
IDE : Eclipse Oxygen
OS : Windows 10

Basically, I have created a maven structured web app and after right-click my
tutorRegister page, and the form submitted, http status 404 appeared.

This is what appeared in my browser :

 /webApp-hi5/$%7BpageContext.request.contextPath%7D/addTutor

I have checked my past project and there was no problem in getting the form
submitted but when I made the project into maven type, I am getting the above
error.

        <form name="tutorRegister" method="POST"
action="${pageContext.request.contextPath}/addTutor"

Here's my pom.xml ;

<modelVersion>4.0.0</modelVersion>

        <groupId>com.hi5Supreme.web</groupId>
        <artifactId>webApp-hi5</artifactId>
        <version>0.0.1-SNAPSHOT</version>
        <packaging>war</packaging>

        <name>webApp-hi5 Maven Webapp</name>
        <properties>

                <maven.compiler.source>1.8</maven.compiler.source>
                <maven.compiler.target>1.8</maven.compiler.target>
        </properties>

        <build>
                <finalName>webApp-hi5</finalName>
                <resources>
                <resource>
      <directory>src/main/webapp</directory>
    </resource>
    </resources>
                <pluginManagement><!-- lock down plugins versions to avoid
using Maven
                                defaults (may be moved to parent pom) -->
                        <plugins>
                                <plugin>

<artifactId>maven-clean-plugin</artifactId>
                                        <version>3.0.0</version>
                                </plugin>
                                <!-- see
http://maven.apache.org/ref/current/maven-core/default-bindings.html#Plugin_bindings_for_war_packaging
 -->
                                <plugin>

<artifactId>maven-resources-plugin</artifactId>
                                        <version>3.0.2</version>
                                </plugin>
                                <plugin>

                                        <version>3.7.0</version>
                                </plugin>
                                <plugin>

                                        <version>2.20.1</version>
                                </plugin>
                                <plugin>

                                        <version>3.2.0</version>
                                        <configuration>
                                        <warName>webApp-hi5</warName>
                                        </configuration>
                                </plugin>
                                <plugin>

<artifactId>maven-install-plugin</artifactId>
                                        <version>2.5.2</version>
                                </plugin>
                                <plugin>

<artifactId>maven-deploy-plugin</artifactId>
                                        <version>2.8.2</version>
                                </plugin>
                        </plugins>
                </pluginManagement>
        </build>
        <dependencies>
                <dependency>
                        <groupId>javax.servlet.jsp</groupId>
                        <artifactId>javax.servlet.jsp-api</artifactId>
                        <version>2.3.1</version>
                        <scope>provided</scope>
                </dependency>
                <dependency>
                        <groupId>javax.servlet</groupId>
                        <artifactId>jsp-api</artifactId>
                        <version>2.0</version>
                </dependency>
                <dependency>
                        <groupId>jstl</groupId>
                        <artifactId>jstl</artifactId>
                        <scope>provided</scope>
                        <version>1.2</version>
                </dependency>
                <!-- LOG4J for JDBC -->
                <dependency>
                        <groupId>org.lazyluke</groupId>
                        <artifactId>log4jdbc-remix</artifactId>
                        <version>0.2.7</version>
                </dependency>
                <dependency>
                        <groupId>mysql</groupId>
                        <artifactId>mysql-connector-java</artifactId>
                        <version>8.0.12</version>
                        <scope>provided</scope>
                </dependency>
                <dependency>
                        <groupId>javax.servlet</groupId>
                        <artifactId>javax.servlet-api</artifactId>
                        <version>3.1.0</version>
                        <scope>provided</scope>
                </dependency>
                <dependency>
                        <groupId>junit</groupId>
                        <artifactId>junit</artifactId>
                        <version>4.11</version>
                        <scope>test</scope>
                </dependency>
        </dependencies>
</project>

Hope someone can let me know how if I have missed out anything.

Tks.