On 6/29/06, KHZ (SAW) <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

We've severe problems if a URL contains an umlaut. For URL usage we encode
strings using UTF-8, i.e. "ΓΌ" (which would be &uuml; in HTML) can be viewed
as "%c3%bc". Getting the request parameter I'ld expect the same string. But
we see 2 characters. Obviously it's interpreted as ISO8859-1 <snip/>

<http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-5.5-doc/config/http.html>

URIEncoding

   This specifies the character encoding used to decode the URI bytes,
   after %xx decoding the URL. If not specified, ISO-8859-1 will be used.

HTH!
--
Hassan Schroeder ------------------------ [EMAIL PROTECTED]