On 14/12/2018 00:34, Kok How Teh wrote:
> I filed a bug at Spring JIRA and this is the response I get (
> https://jira.spring.io/browse/SPR-17599):
>
> There seems to be a misunderstanding in that conversation on the Tomcat
> mailing list: It's not that we can't find the class of the name
> javax.websocket.server.ServerContainer, it's the *ServletContext
> attribute* with
> name "javax.websocket.server.ServerContainer" that we can't find. In other
> words, we can't find a pre-initialized WebSocket container instance.
>
> So the root of the problem you can easily reproduce without Spring: Simply
> implement a Servlet and check the return value of
> getServletContext().getAttribute("javax.websocket.server.ServerContainer")

Tomcat creates that automatically unless you explicitly disable the
ServletContainerInitializer.

A web app with a single JSP (below) deployed to a clean Tomcat 9.0.x
install shows this is the case.

=== start JSP ===
<%= application.getAttribute("javax.websocket.server.ServerContainer") %>
=== end JSP ===

Have you configued "containerSciFilter" on the Context?

Have you removed any JARs from Tomcat's lib directory?

Are you using embedded without the WebSocket JAR?

Mark