On Sat, 12/22/18, Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org> wrote:

 Subject: Re: Tomcat Manager keeps asking for Authentication
 To: users@tomcat.apache.org
 Date: Saturday, December 22, 2018, 7:56 PM

 On 22/12/2018 09:12, Karen Goh
 wrote:

 > I am
 running Netbean 8.2 and am trying to study a web project
 from github.

 > It
 was stated that certain pages are constrained by the Tomcat
 Role, in order to view the Admin panel.

 > So, what I did was to alter the Tomcat
 C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Apache Tomcat
 8.0.27\conf\tomcat-user.xml

 Note: 8.0.x has reached end of life and is no
 longer supported.

 > And here's what I added:

 <tomcat-users>
 >      <role
 rolename="tomcat"/>

   <role rolename="role1"/>
 >      <role
 rolename="manager-gui"/>

     <user password="tomcat"
 roles="tomcat,manager-gui"
 username="tomcat"/>

   <user password="tomcat"
 roles="tomcat,role1"
 username="both"/>

 <user password="tomcat" roles="role1"
 username="role1"/>

 <user password="pass"
 roles="manager-script, administrator"
 username="me"/>

 </tomcat-users>

 Are
 you sure the above is not commented out?

 Mark

Hello Mark,

Thanks for your reply and thanks for your last reply about the changing the xml
file in which I havn't thank you cos I was grappling with so many things...

I just found out that this guy he is using some kind of 'embedded Tomcat' to do
the work I am not very sure though.

And so I was trying to edit an external Tomcat server thus it never works.

I am quite new to the way it was done cos eventually I found it inside
apache-tomcat inside the AppData !

C:\Users\xxx\\Roaming\NetBeans\8.2\apache-tomcat-8.0.27.0_base\conf\tomcat-user.xml

Can I know what is this method about?