You can use apache with mod_jk and then just setup the ssl through apache
and tomcat will use the 443 port through apache.

If you want to use letencrypt you need to add JkUnMount for /.well-known/*
directory so that when you run lets encrypt it can create and get to this
directory through apache.

John