Michael,

> Am 13.02.2019 um 22:03 schrieb Adams, Michael <mad...@fnni.com.invalid>:
>
> Christopher,
> Thanks for your input.   It was very helpful.  This afternoon, my
> InfoSecurity technician who runs the Tripwire app believes Apache Tomcat vs
> 8.5.13 is being flagged for the CVE-2017-12617 vulnerability solely off of
> the version.

Not saying that the update would not be worth it, but to get around the version
check, you should set the ErrorReportValve like so:

        <Valve className="org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve"
showReport="false" showServerInfo="false" />

That will remove the version info from the 404 or error-pages.

I assume that you removed the Default ROOT and examples webcontext. The are a
couple more hardening suggestions.

But keep the updates coming. 8.5.13 is a bit aged and the next scan will come.

Just the 2cts of an application security guy.

Peter