Lucas,

On Thu, Mar 21, 2019, 11:08 PM Igal Sapir <isa...@apache.org wrote:

> Lucas,
>
> On 3/21/2019 6:57 AM, Lucas Bovetto wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I whould like to get a support to a problem that has been happening.
> > I have scenario that my tomcat stay in 100% cpu usage even though no
> > one access, and when it happening nobody can accesses tomcat.
> >
> > Configuration:
> > O.S: Windows Server 2008
> > Tomcat: 8.5
> > Japa Options:
> > -XX:+UseParNewGC
> > -XX:+OptimizeStringConcat
> > -XX:NewSize=1G
> > -XX:+CMSParallelRemarkEnabled
> > -XX:+UnlockDiagnosticVMOptions
> > -XX:-DisableExplicitGC
> > -XX:SoftRefLRUPolicyMSPerMB=1
> > -XX:SurvivorRatio=20
> > -Djava.awt.headless=true
> > -Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true
> > -XX:MaxPermSize=512m
> > -XX:+UseTLAB
> > -XX:MaxTenuringThreshold=0
>
> We need more information before we can help:
>
> What version of Java are you using?
>
> Can you issue a Thread Dump?
>
> How much RAM does the Tomcat process take when the issue happens?  How
> much physical RAM does the machine have?
>
> Did you set all of these -XX options after research and conclusion that
> they are optimal for your setup or did you just copy and paste them from
> a random post?
>
> For example, if you are running Java 8 then the MaxPermSize is ignored
> because PermGen was replaced with MetaSpace.  You also set explicitly
> the NewSize and the SurvivorRatio and at first glance, without knowing
> anything about your setup, the values don't seem right to me.
>

> Igal
>

> > Att,
> >

> > --
> >
> > *Lucas Henrique Bovetto*
> >
> > *Gerente de Desenvolvimento*
> >
> > _____________________________
> >
> > *_Imagem inline 2_*
> >
> > *_www.mkdata.com.br <http://www.mkdata.com.br/>_*
> >
> > *Av. Campos Sales, 420 – Jd. Girassol***
> >
> > *Americana – 13465-590 – SP***
> >
> > *(19) 3407-7447*
> >

> > Imagem inline 3

There is high chance that some "rouge" thread(s) is causing this problem.
During problem period, I will suggest to use ProcessExplorer to identify
thread ID which are taking most of the CPU. You can get that information
from Threads tab of ProcessExplorer. At the same time please take at least
3 thread dumps 5 seconds apart. After that convert the Decimal value of
thread ID to Hexadecimal. Search that value in the captured thread dumps.
You should see them matching with native thread ID. Check if the thread is
moving at all or not. Repeat this process for all threads which are taking
most of the CPU. By that way you will get to know what actual problem is.
You can share the details with this community.

Happy hunting! :)