On Fri, Mar 22, 2019 at 10:56 AM Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org> wrote:

> On 22/03/2019 16:40, Ethan Jensen wrote:
> > OS: Windows Server 2012 R2
> > JDK: Oracle JDK 1.8.0_201
> >
> > Attempting to migrate from Tomcat 8.5.38 -> 8.5.39 results in
> >
> > Failed to initialize connector [Connector[HTTP/1.1-443]]
> >
> > when using the exact same configuration.  Tomcat's .../conf/server.xml is
> > unchanged.  Did a configuration parameter change or get renamed?  The
> > exception is fairly cryptic from my point of view.
>
> <snip/>
>
> > Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: ObjectIdentifier() -- data
> > isn't an object ID (tag = 48)
> >     at
> > org.apache.tomcat.util.net
> .AprEndpoint.createSSLContext(AprEndpoint.java:404)
> >     at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.AprEndpoint.bind(AprEndpoint.java:368)
> >     at
> > org.apache.tomcat.util.net
> .AbstractEndpoint.init(AbstractEndpoint.java:1105)
> >     at org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol.init(AbstractProtocol.java:581)
> >     at
> >
> org.apache.coyote.http11.AbstractHttp11Protocol.init(AbstractHttp11Protocol.java:68)
> >     at
> > org.apache.catalina.connector.Connector.initInternal(Connector.java:993)
> >     ... 13 more
>
> Looks like a certificate in a format JSSE can't handle. If you can
> provide the steps (e.g. OpenSSL commands) to recreate a key/certificate
> in that format we should be able to reproduce it and figure out a fix.
>
> Mark

Mark,

These are the steps I used to create my certificate a couple of years ago
(3 year validity).

1. Generate CSR:

openssl req -out cert.csr -new -newkey rsa:2048 -nodes -keyout cert.key

2. Create a certificate chain file, using the certificates from CA:

cat CERT.crt > chain_certs.pem &&
echo "" >> chain_certs.pem &&
cat OV_NetworkSolutionsOVServerCA2.crt >> chain_certs.pem &&
echo "" >> chain_certs.pem &&
cat OV_USERTrustRSACertificationAuthority.crt >> chain_certs.pem &&
echo "" >> chain_certs.pem

3. Use openssl to package the certificate chain and private key into a
PKCS#12 container:

openssl pkcs12 -export -out cert.p12 -inkey cert.key -in chain_certs.pem
-name "cert_name"