On 26/04/2019 09:56, Mark Thomas wrote:

There was an extra copy but Chris's suggestion got me thinking and I
found a much better solution.

The patch has been applied to 9.0.x and 8.5.x and will be in the next
release of both. 7.0.x is not affected.

The patch fixes the OutOfMemoryError and the ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException.

Mark

Thank you Mark and Christopher for your work on this. As always you rocks.

For the record, if anyone is looking for the corresponding issue/bug, none was entered (quite unfortunate from my point of view regarding defect tracking), but the corresponding commit is there :

 * master (9.x)

https://github.com/apache/tomcat/commit/a8f1e96a456d8493a8e64dfe743a8ae663b28ce
 * 8.5 :

https://github.com/apache/tomcat/commit/4ab58e9881ebdc039a657f5f77caf66b673f934b

(and also two some commits added for improved getContent javadoc)

Thanks again.
Olivier

PS : completely unrelated to this matter, I just find out that the page https://tomcat.apache.org/svn.html contains outdated information and should probably removed as it as been replaced with https://tomcat.apache.org/source.html