I've just deployed an application that worked like a charm on JBoss 4.0.1 with Jetty to JBoss 4.0.4 with Tomcat 5.5.17. I'm working through some problems. The one that's got me scratching my head now is that none of my jstl tags produce anything other than themselves, exactly as originally written. No errors, just tag content in the middle of the page instead of the normal results of the processing of the tags. I thought maybe I had too many copies of jstl.jar in the classpath at runtime, so I removed the one I had from my WEB-INF/lib directory and tried it that way because I saw that Tomcat has one under its jbossweb-tomcat55.sar/jsf-libs directory. That produced an error that http://java.sun.com/jsp/jstl/core couldn't be found at run-time.
Can anyone help me figure out why this is happening?