Thanks.

We think that the customer has solved the cipher problem, because, at least as of when I checked on Wednesday, that error message was no longer appearing.

Yet they're still not connecting. I can *ping* maps.googleapis.com from their box, with no trouble whatsoever, But when the webapp tries to connect, it gets
java.net.ConnectException: Failed to connect to
maps.googleapis.com/2607:f8b0:4009:807:0:0:0:200a:443

And the really weird part is that none of the messages in the resulting stacktrace appear to refer to any of our classes, or to any classes that appear to have anything to do with Tomcat.

--
JHHL