On 05/06/2019 07:14, Karen Goh wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to do JASPIC follows by JACC using Java Servlet and JSP and maybe
> REST with PostgresQL
>
> https://www.byteslounge.com/tutorials/jaas-authentication-in-tomcat-example
>
> However, I have difficulty in locating the $Catablina_base in the external
> tomcat server I am using in Eclipse.
>
> Also, I went to check out the hosting company side, I can't find
> Catalina_base at all also.

For an explanation of $CATALINA_BASE
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-9.0-doc/RUNNING.txt

Unless you have deliberately split them $CATALINA_BASE == $CATALINA_HOME

Generally, $CATALINA_BASE/conf is where you will find your server.xml file.

> I hope someone can tell me exactly where to put the jaas.config file for the
> JAAS to work.
>
> Another thing is about JASPIC.
>
> I can't find alot of tutorial regarding JASPIC.

It isn't that widely used. It has potential but hasn't really caught on.

> There is this guy Arjan Tijms which poses quite a fair bit of infor but I
> guess my Java skills is still not good enough to understand the mechanism of
> how things work.
>
> I am currently testing things out using Tomcat 9.0.4.

I'd strongly recommend you update to the latest 9.0.x release.

> And how does JASPIC + JACC fit into the scheme of salt based password
> verification.
>
> Hope someone can give me some hints how to go about securely password the
> simplest possible way based on JASPIC and JACC.  Thanks.

Why use JASPIC and JACC. Note Tomcat doesn't provide a JACC implementation.

Perhaps take a step back. Describe the problem you are trying to solve
and maybe we can provide some pointers on how to best solve it with Tomcat.

Mark