Hai Team,

I have been requested by Project Manager to host a web application in
Tomcat 8.5 and tune the server to cater high traffic. So, I have
hosted the web application on an allotted VPS server with
specification (8 vCPU, 16GB RAM and 200 HD), with Tomcat 8.5.42
installed.  The web application has been successfully hosted also.

Now, with respect to tuning part, I have to clear some points before
making it on-line

1. How can I tune this server to cater high traffic.
2. What all are the parameters that I need to considered while tuning
3. Any open-source tools to generate high traffic and test the
currently configured server
4. Any references / biogs that I can refer regarding this topic
5. Any suggestions from your end.

Note: A brief about the the web application. Its a small recruitment
portal web application that lets
1. Clients to register their details
2. Allot a time-frame to have an on-line exam
3. Performs on-line exams for the selected candidates (another schedule)
4. Publish their results
5. Expected traffic rate 1000 hits/sec approx.
--
Thank You

Best regards
Vinu Vibhu Sobhana

Disclaimer: This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are intended
for the named addresses only and may contain privileged and
confidential information. If you have received this e-mail in error,
please notify the sender by e-mail reply immediately and delete it
from your system. You may not copy this message and its attachments or
disclose its contents to any other person, use it for any purpose or
store it by any means. Any form of reproduction, dissemination,
copying, disclosure, modification, distribution and / or publication
of this message without the prior written consent of the author of
this e-mail is strictly prohibited. Although this e-mail and its
attachments are believed to be free from virus, it is the
responsibility of the recipient to ensure that they are virus free.