On Tuesday, August 27, 2019 7:41 PM Juan Ramirez wrote:

>I'm currently having an issue with starting Tomcat 9.0.24 32-bit version as a
>service. After installing Tomcat9 using the windows service installer, I try
>to run Tomcat9 and get the windows service error:
>"Windows could not start Tomcat9 service on Local Computer. Error 1067: The
>process terminated unexpectedly." I tried looking in the logs to see what
>could have caused the error, but no errors are logged. The only thing I could
>find in the logs is in the commons daemon log file:
>
>[10860] Apache Commons Daemon procrun (1.2.0.0 32-bit) started.
>[10860] Debugging 'tomcat9' service...
>[10860] Starting service...
>
>I also tried running Tomcat9 through the executable (tomcat9.exe) and get the
>error: "Apache Commons Daemon Service Runner has stopped working." I have also
>tried manually installing Tomcat9 through the 32-bit Windows zip and keep
>having the same errors as installing it through the installer. When I tried
>using the 64-bit version of Tomcat 9.0.24, it seems to work fine and I'm able
>to launch it as a service, which leads me to belive that something maybe wrong
>with the 32-bit version only. I'm using AdoptJDK 12.0.2+10

>>Here's your problem. See my post to this list from July 26, 11:32 and earlier
>>to which nobody has replied so far

>>http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/tomcat-users/201907.mbox/%3CAM6PR03MB60075E5A12F40DAB9281E073BEC00%40AM6PR03MB6007.eurprd03.prod.outlook.com%3E

>>The OpenJdk installers don't configure the registry the same way as as Java 8
>>did. procrun doesn't cope with it.

>>Workaround is to mess with JAVA_HOME or to install Java 8.

>>procrun needs to be fixed.

>>Michael

Thanks for the response Michael. I do have JAVA_HOME set as this is a required
step to manually install Tomcat9, otherwise it fails to find the JDK, which is
described in the post you linked. I think my issue maybe different since this
only happens with Tomcat 9.0.24 32-bit version specifically. As I mentioned
earlier, I did try Tomcat 9.0.24 64-bit version with the 64-bit version of
AdoptOpenJDK 12.0.2+10 and Tomcat9 works and runs as a service. Currently I do
have Tomcat 9.0.22 32-bit running with AdoptOpenJDK 12.0.2+10 32-bit, so I
don't think this issue is the same as mine.

Do please keep in mind that this issue only occurs with Tomcat 9.0.24 32-bit as
if I use a previous 32-bit version of Tomcat9, Tomcat9 works just fine with no
problems.