On Wednesday, September 4, 2019, 10:50:17 PM GMT+8, Christopher Schultz
<ch...@christopherschultz.net> wrote:

Karen,

On 9/4/19 10:45, Karen Goh wrote:
> On Wednesday, September 4, 2019, 9:32:43 PM GMT+8, Dave Thorn
> <da...@fysh.org.INVALID> wrote:
>

> On Wed, Sep 04, 2019 at 01:21:11PM +0000, Karen Goh wrote:
>

>> I am facing this problem - that Tomcat - 9.0.24 doesn't
>> refreshes and it will give ma an error, even after I commented
>> out a line. But, after several cleaning - using Tomcat Directory
>> clean, right-click on the project in Eclipse and do a run maven
>> force update and project built, it will still give me an error
>> that point out to a commented out line.
>

> Do you have a tomcat/work directory? ISTR sometimes having to
>
> rm -rf /var/cache/tomcat/work/Catalina/localhost/{webappname}
>
> Could you let me know how to do it Windows 10 way? Sorry for the
> trouble cos basically most of my stuff is still using Windows
> 10....

C:> DEL /S %CATALINA_BASE%\work\Catalina\localhost\{webappname}

Or just navigate Windows Explorer to the "work" directory and press
the "DELETE" key on your keyboard.

Hi Chris,

Just to clarify, so instead of doing the clean, I will have to to to this place
- C:\Program Files\Apache\apache-tomcat-9.0.24\webapps\webappname and delete
weappname ?

I happened to read this
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/763693/where-is-the-work-directory-located-for-a-tomcat-instance-running-in-eclipse

I checked the location when I right-clicked the Tomcat instance, it says meta
data, so should I delete the metadata one ? My Tomcat configuration is take
control of Tomcat installation.

Kindly advise. And thanks for your help.