On Sun, Sep 01, 2019 at 08:51:47AM +0000, Mark Thomas wrote:
> On August 31, 2019 7:31:12 AM UTC, Dave Thorn <da...@fysh.org.INVALID> wrote:
>
> >There is also a haproxy between client and server.  You wouldn't think
> >it goes fiddling around in the middle of a response, thought.  I'm
> >running some tests today that go straight to the server, skipping the
> >proxy, but again with the intermittency...
>
> Indeed. Chunking is sufficiently fundamental that I'm surprised that
> any component has a bug in this area.

(Following up for the record, even though this doesn't (seem to) relate
to tomcat.)

I have spent the last nearly-a-month running tests on this, and it
looks like the problem lies in haproxy.

When using haproxy version 1.7.something I haven't been able to
trigger the error.  When using version 2.0.something I have triggered
it a handful of times.

This issue on github at least suggests it's not just me having some
kind of intermittent issue with chunking in haproxy:

https://github.com/haproxy/haproxy/issues/171

--
dave thorn

Mostly Harmless.