Hi Mathieu,

[SNIP]
> I have read a bit about Tomcat and if I understand correctly, the
> correct way to do is to declare a Resource in the configuration of each
> server which represents the DB to use and then adapt the code (in
> particular Hibernate configuration) to use this Resource based on it's
> name. Then the same WAR file can be deployed on any servers provided
> it's configured without maven (i.e. I just have to upload the WAR file
> and voilà).
>
> Is that correct ?

Yes, it is a common approach in the Java Application world called jndi.
So your app would also work on a different application server like Wildfly or
Liberty.

But the way you define it in your application server differs,
So see here for comparison:
https://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-8.0-doc/jndi-resources-howto.html
https://developer.jboss.org/thread/279940

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Kind Regards/ नमस्ते(Namaste)
Bernd Schatz

Bernd Schatz
Büro: +49 711 17 41463
Mobile: +49 151 5862 6591
FAX: +49 711 17 7904 1252
mailto:bernd.sch...@daimler.com
https://git.daimler.com/jfoss
https://matter.i.daimler.com
https://matter.i.daimler.com/daimler-ag/channels/jfoss

If you are not the addressee, please inform us immediately that you have
received this e-mail by mistake, and delete it. We thank you for your support.