чт, 7 нояб. 2019 г. в 17:11, Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>:

> I'm using bin/catalina.sh start to launch Tomcat on Macos. The 'ps'
> command shows the following partial command-line:
>
> [...]
> - -Djava.util.logging.config.file=${CATALINA_BASE}/conf/logging.properties
> - -Djava.util.logging.manager=org.apache.juli.ClassLoaderLogManager [...]
>
> The file ${CATALINA_BASE}/conf/logging.properties does indeed have the
> changes below.

OK, good.

(I hope that `ps` shows the actual path to logging.properties. There
should not be unexpanded reference to a environment variable above.)

This reminds me: ClassLoaderLogManager allows each web application to
have its own configuration of logging. If you have a
"logging.properties" file elsewhere in classpath of that web
application, it will have precedence over the default one.

The recommended use of this technology is to place your configuration
into WEB-INF/classes/logging.properties file of your web application.

Best regards,
Konstantin Kolinko