Hello,

is there a good point why the Windows Service Installer (apache-tomcat-9.0.27.exe) did not support Oracles Java JDK (11 without JRE) out-of-the-box especially for silent installation?

Meanwhile I know that I have to add a config-file with parameter /C for silent installation. But because of getting no error code and finding no log-file after a failed silent installation, it needs some time to solve this issue ;-)

IMHO unfortunately the installer does not look for Java by using the JAVA_HOME environment variable and also does not check the registry key HKLM\SOFTWARE\JavaSoft\JDK for some reasons.

I suggest to add the JDK registry key and JAVA_HOME envvar to the install script (source/res/tomcat.nsi), if there is no reason against to use JDK only?

Best regards

Alexander