Chris,

On Wed, 4 Dec 2019 at 18:34, Konstantin Kolinko <knst.koli...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> ср, 4 дек. 2019 г. в 20:28, Christopher Schultz <
> ch...@christopherschultz.net>:
> >
> > All,
> >
> > I feel like I should be able to figure this out on my own, but I'm
> > drawing a blank.
> >
> > I'm trying to upgrade from Apache Tomcat 8.0.35 to Apache Tomcat
> > 8.5.35 and I'm getting errors on a certain portion of the
> > conf/server.xml configuration.
> >
> > I copy have a perfect copy/paste of the config file here but basically
> > this is configuring a keystore for TLS. Something like this:
> >
> > <Connector [...]
> > keystoreFile="E:\path\to\keystore.jks"
> > [...]
> > />
> >
> > The error is "unknown protocol: e". Clearly, Tomcat/Java/URL/whatever
> > thinks that "E:" is a protocol. No problem... this has to be a file
> > URL, so let's make it a file URL: [...]
>
> Chris,
>
> 1) Do know where that message is produced? (Stacktrace? What version of
> Tomcat?)
>
> E.g. it may be that the code has several attempts to use the value a)
> as file path, b) as URL,  and you only see the message from the second
> attempt b), but it is a) that fails.
>
> Is your keystoreFile path correct?
>
> 2) Why the settings are specified on a <Connector>. They will be
> translated into <SSLHostConfig>/<Certificate> on the fly, but maybe
> something is broken.
>

> http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-9.0-doc/config/http.html#SSL_Support_-_Certificate
> It says that certificateKeystoreFile can be an URI.
>
> 3) Does you connector use JSSE or OpenSSL?
>
> There is some code that translates between the two configuration
> flavors on the fly, but maybe something is broken.
>
> > I'm using Oracle Java 1.8.0 build 161.
>
> FYI, an up-to-date version of Java 8 for Windows is available from
> AdoptOpenJDK.
> https://adoptopenjdk.net/
>
> It is 8u232 now.
>
> Best regards,
> Konstantin Kolinko

I have just launched tomcat 8.5.47 stockpile with the following connector
config (i generated keystore Jeeks before)

<Connector
           protocol="org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11NioProtocol"
           port="8443" maxThreads="200"
           scheme="https" secure="true" SSLEnabled="true"
           keystoreFile="C:/Temp/tomcat.jks" keystorePass="changeit"
           clientAuth="false" sslProtocol="TLS"/>

And my tomcat cert gen command was:

>keytool -genkeypair -alias tomcat -keyalg RSA -keystore tomcat.jks
-keypass changeit -storepass changeit

It only gave me warning about non-legit cert when I hit
https://localhost:8443 but that's expected. Otherwise, no errors.

I suspect your E:\ drive is a network drive (or virtual) so the mapping may
be causing issues ? Or may be it's the partitioning...?