Hello all,

I would like to systematically hide a request header to web
applications hosted by Tomcat.

[...]
I took a look at Tomcat's rewrite valve[1] and also at the venerable
url-rewrite[2] and I didn't see any options for munging headers. I
could have sworn someone wrote a mod_headers port for Tomcat and/or
any container, but I guess not.

I think this one would indeed require some (light) development work to
make it work in the container and not in, say, a proxy.

- -chris

[1] https://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-9.0-doc/rewrite.html
[2] https://tuckey.org/urlrewrite/

Thank you Christopher for your researchs and pointers.
I also thought there would have been some port :/
Anyway I appreciate the time you took to look into this, thanks again.