If you wish  to find out if the database connection API is buggy.

Is the result when you use select query from each of the operating system
same.

Select column_name  from table;

If select on both return values are same then likely  the database API is
buggy.  You have choice of two database connection APIs.

One API is tomcat specific.
The other  is vendor neutral.