вс, 9 февр. 2020 г. в 02:12, Peter Rader <p.ra...@gmx.net>:

> > I am currently trying to install a program designed to operate on Win XP 32
> > and earlier on to a Win 10 environment. The program extracts to the Shared
> > and Webapps folders of Tomcat 5.5 and uses a SQL database. After converting
> > the database and installing it on SQL 2017 I added the JDBC connector and
> > downloaded and installed tomcat 9 only to find there is no shared folder to
> > extract the shared files to. Any suggestions?
>
> Hm, shared ... do you mean the endorsed folder? From old apps I remember that
> some jdbc-jars have to be placed in tomcat's endorsed folder.
>
> I am pretty sure that you could use the JVM/JDK's endorsed folder. They
> usually have their place in <jdk>\lib\endorsed .

Endorsed folder is a different beast. Please do not put anything there.

Tomcat 5.5 documentation is still available online (if you know the
address to type it in a browser's address bar) [1] The closest analogy
to the "Shared" classloader in current Tomcat is the "Common"
classloader that loads classes from ${catalina.base|/lib.

[1] https://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-5.5-doc/class-loader-howto.html#Overview
[2] https://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-9.0-doc/class-loader-howto.html#Overview

It is possible to reconfigure Tomcat 9 to have a separate Shared
classloader as well, but that is an overkill.

Also, do not forget about Migration Guides [3].

[3] https://tomcat.apache.org/migration.html
[4] https://tomcat.apache.org/migration-6.html#Modified_directory_structure

Best regards,
Konstantin Kolinko