On 11/02/2020 14:39, Walker, Mike (GE Aviation, US) wrote:
> Hi Mark
>
> Thanks for responding. See answers below...
> - what version of Apache Tomcat are you currently using?   7.0 on windows
> 2012 server

7.0.what? Not that it really matters but the older it is, the more
likely there will be some changes of which you should be particularly aware.

> - where did you download this version from and was it a .zip, .exe or
>   something else? From apache web site, .exe

OK. The Windows installer then.

> - what version of Apache Tomcat do you want to move to? 7.0_Tomcat7_99,
> windows 2012 server

7.0.99

> - where did you download this version from and is it a .zip, .exe or
>   something else? Apache web site, .exe

OK. Still the Windows installer.

> So apache only releases full versions not upgrades?

Correct.

> Does that mean if you run the version 7.99 it will create a new folder under
> Apache Software Foundation folder for 7.99 files?

I'm not sure what will happen as the installer is not (intentionally)
designed for in-place upgrades like that. It might work. I don't recall
every trying it.

> Since this would imply a change to the path for Tomcat would registry or
> other tomcat config files need to be modified for the new path?

If you install to a new path, the installer will add the necessary
registry settings and you'll end up with 2 Tomcat installations.

> I assume all deployed .war files would need to be re-deployed in the new
> version also?

Correct.

Mark