Yes, that could be an option. Or, since we're on Docker, a second
instance of the webapp on a different port would be easier.

But we would need to add some URL rewriting proxy before that
connector to strip that port number to make the webapp see the
canonical URLs. That should be doable with nginx which we are using
anyway.

So essentially 2 webapps on different ports, one configured without
the clientAuth for the end-users, and one with clientAuth for the API
access, correct?