We are getting the following over and over in our catalina.out file:

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Invalid character found in the request
target. The valid characters are defined in RFC 7230 and RFC 3986

Our server.xml has the following copied from an online search I think:

relaxedQueryChars="[]|{}^\`"<>"

However, the docs say that only the following are valid and others are
ignored:

Do the characters have to be exactly like that instead of encoding them?
For example:

relaxedQueryChars= " < > [ \ ] ^ ` { | }

I found something else that said the following might also help in
catalina.properties:

org.apache.tomcat.util.buf.UDecoder.ALLOW_ENCODED_SLASH=true

Thanks for any help.

--

Bob