Hello,

> If you don't set secretRequired="false" properly then at start time Tomcat
> will complain if there is no specified "secret" attribute.
> If it doesn't complain then most probably you are testing again with the
> wrong server.xml or old version of Tomcat.

the issue seems to be that mod_jk no longer works without a password
with tomcat7. So you need to set a password on both sites, and than
everything works again.

server.xml:

<Connector port="8109" protocol="AJP/1.3" redirectPort="8443"
secret="verysecure" secretRequired="true"/>

workers.properties of mod_jk

worker.tomcat-06.secret=verysecure

If I do _not_ set a password I'm getting a 403 no matter what I do.

Cheers,
        Thomas