Hello all,

I was exploring Tomcat configuration which doesn't accept requests until the
web application is deployed.

"bindOnInit" connector attributes when set to false, makes socket bind when the
connector starts and not when the connector is initialized.

Wanted to know, why the default value of this is not set to false?  What are
the use cases where the default of "true" is useful?

Setting this value to false, I could see "connection refused" error on client
side when they made requests to Tomcat when the application deployment was
in-progress.
When this is set to "true", all requests during when the application deployment
wasn't complete, I could see failed SSL handshakes in access logs.

Wanted to understand more about the current default of true before I change the
default.

Thanks,
Amit