Hi Mark,

Thank you for the answer!

El vie., 17 abr. 2020 a las 15:13, Mark Thomas (<ma...@apache.org>)
escribió:

> On 17/04/2020 12:04, Emilio Fernandes wrote:
> > Hola Tomcat community!
> >
> > We consider using AWS Graviton [1] based instances which use ARM64
> > processors for our backend services.
> > I've googled around and found [2] saying that Tomcat is being tested on
> > ARM64 architecture at TravisCI! This is great!
> > Does this mean that Tomcat is officially supported on ARM64 ? I was not
> > able to find any specific documentation listing which platforms are
> > officially supported.
>
> Tomcat is supported on any certified Java runtime providing it meets the
> minimum Java version requirements for the Tomcat version you are using.
> There are no restrictions on hardware or operating system.

Right, for Java based apps it just depends whether there is a JDK/JRE for
the CPU architecture.
What about the C based code - tcnative and the connectors (mod_jk) ?

> The more exotic the platform and/or operating system, the less likely
> the developers will have access to a version for testing so platform
> specific issues may be harder to track down.

At the moment ARM64 is still exotic on the server side but since cloud
providers (e.g. AWS and Huawei) started promoting it we think it might
become more popular in near future.

Gracias,
Emilio