On 28.04.20, 10:06, "Mark Thomas" <ma...@apache.org> wrote:

[...]
>> This is root cause:
>>
>> java.lang.ClassCastException: class
>> org.eclipse.jdt.internal.compiler.lookup.PlainPackageBinding cannot be cast
>> to class org.eclipse.jdt.internal.compiler.lookup.TypeBinding
>> (org.eclipse.jdt.internal.compiler.lookup.PlainPackageBinding and
>> org.eclipse.jdt.internal.compiler.lookup.TypeBinding are in unnamed module
>> of loader java.net.URLClassLoader @20398b7c)
>
> Which Java version are you using here?

Java 11 Corretto. To be more specific I tested now with the following
vendor/versions:
- AWS Corretto 11.0.7+10-LTS
- AdoptOpenJDK 11.0.7+10
- Oracle OpenJDK 14.0.1+7

[...]

>> I use the docker image tomcat:9.0.34.
>
> Just to note that the ASF doesn't provide Docker images. It seems
> unlikely but if we can't reproduce this with a clean install of Apache
> Tomcat as provided by the ASF, you might need to take this up with the
> provider of that image.

Ok, I mentioned the Docker image because I thought it might make the
reconstruction a bit easier.
I have also tried it with my local Tomcat installed via homebrew, which
downloads Tomcat directly from ASF, and found the same error.

- Markus