From: David Smith [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, July 11, 2006 11:32 AM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: File isn't found in ROOT directory

Two issue here:

1. Place the index.jsp in webapps/ROOT instead of webapps/ROOT/admin

2. ROOT context that comes with tomcat has all it's jsp files
pre-compiled.  Your new index.jsp is being ignored in favor of the
pre-compiled version.  Remove the servlet mapping in
webapps/ROOT/WEB-INF/web.xml, restart tomcat (or just the ROOT webapp if
you have the manager webapp up and running), and all should be as
expected.

--David