Hi,

We're running Apache in front of multiple tomcats with mod_jk.

We have an admin app that we'd like to access using a different URL from
other server connections, and I am looking for advice on the best way to do
this.  We will have the single web app, but need to access parts of it
from:

      http://myserver/admin

and the rest of it from

      http://myserver/services

I think I have several choices:

1)  add a Tomcat context for /admin and /services in the conf directory.
     When I tried this, however, it seemed to load the whole web app twice
(we're using Spring, so it loads the app Context twice ).  Is there a way
to just "point to it", rather than load it?

2)  add an Alias in Apache's httpd.conf
      what do I point it to seeing that it has to go through mod_jk and
tomcat?

3)  use mod_jk
      how would I do that?  we currently have 3 load balancers defined, so
we can balance 3 aspects of the system as follows:
      JKMount /services/admin/* adminloadbalancer
      JKMount /services/httpadaptor/* adaptorloadbalancer
      JkMount /services/* clientloadbalancer
     I'd like to do JKMount /admin/* adminloadbalancer but  need the alias
for /admin to point to /services/admin.

I would be very grateful if someone could explain the best option...

cheers,

David