Hi,

We are planning to upgrade from apache tomcat from 8.5.24 to 8.5.53
version. During this process I found that in catalina.sh file below line
which was commented in 8.5.24 version

# Uncomment the following line to make the umask available when using the
# org.apache.catalina.security.SecurityListener
#JAVA_OPTS="$JAVA_OPTS
-Dorg.apache.catalina.security.SecurityListener.UMASK=`umask`"

Has now been uncommented into 8.5.53 version.

# Make the umask available when using the
org.apache.catalina.security.SecurityListener
JAVA_OPTS="$JAVA_OPTS
-Dorg.apache.catalina.security.SecurityListener.UMASK=`umask`"

Is there any specific reason behind this?

--
Regards,
Kushagra