Hi Mark/Chris,

Thank you for the reply.

It's a spring application, related controllers/methods basically return page name as return "pages/Login".

The view resolver maps it WEB-INF/jsp/pages/Login.jsp.

Login.jsp has entry that says

<jsp:include page="jsp/fragments/commonData.jsp"/>

This entry gets resolved correctly in V7, but V9 I get error can not find pages/jsp/fragments/commonData.jsp.

After playing with it couple of hours, I figured out full path works. So issue seems to be root context/directory of jsp engine that was WEB-INF seems to have changed to current directory where page is getting loaded.
JSP generation still generates same line for both of them like following.

org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspRuntimeLibrary.include(request, response, "jsp/fragments/commonData.jsp", out, false);

But v9 interprets it relative to directory of current jsp that is in my case WEB-INF/jsp/pages and older engine interprets it relative to WEB-INF directory.

JDK version 1.8.0_111, Operating system is 16.04.6. It's same WAR file getting deployed in both tomcat versions. Only difference is server.xml has different ports.

Regards,

Niranjan