Mark,

On 6/27/20 05:29, Mark Thomas wrote:
> On 27/06/2020 10:19, Thomas Meyer wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> A few questions regarding tomcat session replication:
>
> load-balancing and session replication are two separate parts of
> an overall clustering solution.
>
>> 1) is the jvmRoute attribute on Engine object necessary for
>> session replication to work correctly?
>
> No, but if you don't use it it places a number of restrictions on
> the web application behaviour and on the configuration of session
> replication.
>
> The limitations are: - you need to use the DeltaManager (which
> doesn't scale as well as the BackupManager); - any requests made by
> the client that depend on the session MUST be issued in series, not
> in parallel; and

This is only true of requests that would modify the session-state in a
way that needed to be deterministic, right? A bunch of GET requests
that don't change the session ought to be okay in parallel (as long as
any prior state-changing requests have completed _ those changes
replicated).

> - the session Manager must be configured to update all the other
> nodes in the cluster BEFORE the current request returns to the
> client.

Same (negative) caveat here, right?