No I am really confused....

Your server name is <servername> ...

and looking at your perl code, you were trying to get to an image called icc-logo.gif
 http://<servername>/images/icc-logo.gif
replace <servername> with the name of your server....

This SHOULD display the gif...

if your tomcat is installed in /usr/local....
then I would expect at least the following files to exist

/usr/local/tomcat/
/usr/local/tomcat/webapps/
/usr/local/tomcat/webapps/ROOT/
/usr/local/tomcat/webapps/ROOT/images/
/usr/local/tomcat/webapps/ROOT/images/icc-logo.gif
/usr/local/tomcat/webapps/ROOT/WEB-INF/

IF not - then we need to describe exactly what you have....

Are you sure you are only running Tomcat on this box?

what does "ps auxw" say?

Andrew