Mohan,

On 7/29/20 10:32, Mohan T wrote:
> This is build using cruise control .  We have a similar
> environment wherein this deliverable is working fine without any
> error. We too k the deliverable from the working environment and
> moved to the new environment and started the tomcat.
Do you know if your build process "pre-compiles" JSP files into .class
files? Have you upgraded Tomcat to a new version since it was working?

Tomcat periodically upgrades the JDT compiler shipped with Tomcat and
it may not always be backward-compatible with previously-pre-compiled
JSP files.

If this is the issue -- and I'm not claiming for sure that it is --
then a re-build of your web application using the compiler shipped
with the newer version of Tomcat should fix your issue.

- -chris

> -----Original Message----- From: James Moliere
> <james.moli...@j2.com> Sent: Wednesday, July 29, 2020 7:53 PM To:
> Tomcat Users List <users@tomcat.apache.org> Subject: Re: Request
> for Help
>
> Is the war file being built with maven? ...gradle?  ...or using
> Eclipse?
>
> James
>
> On Tue, Jul 28, 2020 at 9:34 PM Mohan T <moha...@ramco.com> wrote:
>
>> Dear All,
>>

>> In one of the  environments we are using apache-tomcat-8.5.35.
>>

>> On server start we are getting this exception
>>
>> org.apache.catalina.core 28-Jul-2020 13:46:13.407 SEVERE
>> [localhost-startStop-1]
>> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.loadOnStartup Servlet
>> [RVW_Banner] in web application [/security] threw load()
>> exception
>>
>> java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:org.eclipse.jdt.internal.compiler.Compile
r.<init>(Lorg/eclipse/jdt/internal/compiler/env/INameEnvironment;Lorg/ec
lipse/jdt/internal/compiler/IErrorHandlingPolicy;Lorg/eclipse/jdt/intern
al/compiler/impl/CompilerOptions;Lorg/eclipse/jdt/internal/compiler/ICom
pilerRequestor;Lorg/eclipse/jdt/internal/compiler/IProblemFactory;)V

at
>> org.apache.jasper.compiler.JDTCompiler.generateClass(JDTCompiler.java
:

480)