A little googling will get you what you want.

A cipher is a security algorithm (des, rc, etc.). Ciphertext is
cleartext (plaintext) which has been encrypted using an algorithm
(cipher) and a key.

You can use ssl handshaking to see supported ciphers and java jsse has
methods for dumping this information out. Get list of providers and
start calling dump routines.

mike